Welcome Remark from Chairman of ISOCEEN 2021
Assalaamu’alaykum Wr. Wb.
Selamat pagi and a very good morning to all of you all.
Ladies and gentlemen, respected speakers, colleagues and friends.
I am happy to be here as the chairman of the 9th ISOCEEN 2021 to welcome you to this international event that we at the Department of Ocean Engineering of ITS are proud of.
The theme of this ISOCEEN2021 is Promoting ocean and coastal engineering innovation and collaboration for sustainable development. This topic proves to be of common global interest.
Our ocean and coastal activities and products have to adopt a more committed thoughts and efforts to make sure that we achieve the sustainable development goals through reducing carbon emission. This global challenges requires a global collaborative efforts to respond effectively. Both the industry community and the academia have to work hand on hand with the government to make the right response in some sustainable manner.
Let me share and remind you all that Indoesia is a vast archipelagic country. Its vastness spread from Glasgow in the north tip of Sumatra to Istanbul in Merauke of Papua. Almost 70% of this vast part of the planet is water. The challenges in transforming this into a value-adding, renewable resources is tantamount to our prosperous and sustainable future.
We have seen just now the official signing of a new efforts called the Ocean Engineering Consortium of Indonesia which involves at its beginning 5 prominent institution of higher educations. The objectives of this ISOCEEN 2021 has therefore been partly realized. We do hope that the consortium will grow as we learn and take roles together in responding to the challenges for our more sustainable future.
I am happy also to have four keynote speakers that will address this theme in different perspectives.
Prof. Omar Yaakob of UTM will be talking on Maritime Community Contribution to a More Sustainable Future.
Prof. Takeshi Shinoda of Kyushu University will be talking on The Future of Carbon Neutral Ports.
Dr. Shahrin Osman of DNV Asia Pacific will be talking on Collaboration as the Fuel of Shipping Decarbonization.
Mr. Iqbal Fikri of PT. PAL Indonesia will be talking on Opportunities for Collaboration in Indonesia Blue Economy : a marine industry perspective.
On behalf of the Committe, I thank to the 4 keynote speakers who have made themselves available to share with us their knowledge, views and experiences. While I am looking forward to see a joined efforts between the maritime industries, academia and the government, last but not least, I thank you for the participation of the audiences of ISOCEEN 2021, the academic staffs of the department and the students who have made this seminar possible.
I do hope that you will find the seminar interesting, enriching your horizon, and inspiring your mind and souls.
Wassalaamu’alaykum Wr. Wb..
Daniel Mohammad Rosyid, Ph.D.
Seminar program and the reports on the success of ISOCEEN 2020
1. Keynote and Invited Speakers
- Prof. Omar Bin Yaakob, Ph.D. – Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Prof. Takeshi Shinoda, Ph.D. – Kyushu University, Japan
- Dr. Shahrin Osman, DBA – DNV Maritime Region S.E.A., Pacific & India
- Iqbal Fikri, S.T., M.Sc. – Production Director of PT. PAL Indonesia, Indonesia
- Prof. Ir. Daniel M. Rosyid, Ph.D. – Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya
- Ir. Ahmad Mukhlis Firdaus, S.T, M.T., D.Phil. – Institut Teknologi Bandung, Bandung
- Dr. Eng. Achmad Yasir Baeda, ST.,MT. – Universitas Hasanuddin, Makassar
- Prof. Ir. W. Agoes Pratikto, M.Sc., Ph.D. – Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya
- Prof. Drs. Mahmud Musta’in, M.Sc., Ph.D. – Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya
- Yoyok Setyo Hadiwidodo, S.T., M.T., Ph.D. – Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya
- Murdjito, M.Sc.Eng – Institut Teknologi Sepuluh Nopember, Surabaya
- Muhammad Fatkhurrozi, S.T., M.T. – Institut Teknologi Sumatera, Lampung
- Anggoronadhi Dianiswara, S.T., M.T. – Institut Teknologi Kalimantan, Balikpapan
2. Book Chapter
Presentation materials from the keynote and invited speakers are compiled as a book chapter. Here is the download link to get it.
3. YouTube Broadcast channel of ISOCEEN 2021
#Day 1: 25 November 2021
#Day 2: 26 November 2021
4. Documentation of ISOCEEN 2021